I've had a deliberate easy start to the new year of running after a solid 4 week block of long, hilly running. Am looking forward to a few mother-daughter days away with Little A this weekend before getting back into my last solid couple of weeks of training. Then it will be taper time for the Cradle Mt 82km. It's coming up quickly now. Yikes! and Yey!
4 comments:
And the best thing... you'll be able to burn the backpack after it's over ;)
Getting exciting. I hope your support crew can find their way to the finish in time or it'll be yikes for them!
For sure! I have asked myself on many occasions why I chose a self supporting ultra marathon! If I ever do another ultra (and that's a big "if") it will definitely be a "no carry one's own pack" event. My puny body was not built for this pack horse stuff!
And neither is mine. I learnt that lesson years ago. Better to have an aid station every 5-10 kms or an ass to carry your gear.
Bit late now. I'm committed. I'm convinced it's a one-off though.
Post a Comment