Even running early in the morning in the coolest part of the day was hot here today. At 38deg for most of the day I feel for anyone who was out running in that. Perhaps these hot days should be looked upon as an opportunity - either to make them worthwhile and use them to train for Badwater, or use them as a reason to head to the gym and run on a boring treadmill in the cool airconditioning instead.
8 comments:
The only good thing about 38, is that if the Bungendore Dr blows in, 24 feels cool!
Yeah, there's hot and too hot. I'm over the novelty of the border between the two. The last couple of day have been a bit much. A dry, still 28 deg would be perfect.
Good time for the marathon, 3hrs 18 min 51 secs.Was that with the back pack or not ? Double that for Cradle Mtn and you will be a shoe-in. Unless there is heaps of mud, then the shoe-in will be left in the ground.
Marathon?! So, for Cradle Mtn are we going to get 'terrific weekend away with Pam. Included a quality over-distance trail run, as well as plenty of shopping, coffee and gossip time'?
Well, that depends on how it goes. You know what they say: a crap race is a good training run, so the post "race" report may be "a good race blah, blah, blah .... " OR a "crap race but good training run/ultra learning experience blah, blah, blah ..."
The Hobart marathon last Sun was a 100% training run. No taper, no heart rate monitor, no GPS. Just a run as I felt 42km, with Little A waiting for me at the finish line. The end result was finishing in just 60secs more (ie, slower) than last year but reaching the finish line and feeling as if I could run a bit further (just not faster and not 40km further!). They were the only performance indicators I was interested in.
The shopping, coffee and gossip were still fun and still well deserved. 42kms is 42kms after all.
Only 60 secs slower - that's impressive. Sounds like you'll be writing "a good 82k race blah, blah, blah... oh yeah, I won" ;)
I wish. But I don't think so. I've found the >45km training really hard and carrying the 5-6kg pack very tough going. I don't think I'm cut for this ultra running stuff. I'm keen to do the 82km Cradle Mt run because I've come this far and because it will be an adventure but I think my mind and body are forever programmed for 42.2km and that's it. End.
That's hot even by our standards!
Post a Comment