Sunday, January 17, 2010

Different Endurance

I'm all for specificity and I run a lot, but today was a terrific day of different endurance. It started with a short-ish run from home, along the trails up to the peak of Mt Majura. I met one of the kings of the mountain (Trevor J) on his way down as I was on my way up. We had a short, moving conversation. I jogged down the mountain and home via different trails. From there I headed straight to the gym for my routine upper back and core strength work-out. All that made me hungry and so then I took a short break for some yummy food. Then it was time for the 3rd and 4th activities of the day - ie, on to the bike with tennis racquet in back pack for an afternoon of tennis. Having been inspired by all the recent tennis competitions on TV didn't improve my game much (sigh ...) but it was fun. Then it was back on the bike for a wind down ride home. Whew! It was all a nice change and yet another day of practicing keeping on moving in preparation for the Cradle Mt ultra. Every little bit helps.

5 comments:

Ewen said...

Keeping moving is the secret - or so I've been told. Having a tennis racquet in the backpack would come in handy during magpie season ;)

Stephanie said...

I hope you found time to breathe in amongst all that!

Jog Blog said...

Would it surprise anyone to know that I'm tired today? Ugh!

Ewen said...

Woohoo! You are human after all. Wait 'til I tell Strewth ;)

Jog Blog said...

hehehe .... please also tell Strewth that I'm really good at dozing off while watching TV/movies and when I'm particularly tired I can turn on a 1st class girly dummy spit.