Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flying!

I had a cruisey start to the day today and ran much later in the morning than I usually do. The unforeseen bonus in that was that I happened to be jogging along the high mountain trails of Mt Ainslie at the same time as the airforce jets did their flyover at the conclusion of the Anzac Day service. What an amazing sight and sound! And while they may have been flying at incredible speed, I enjoyed a short, slow contemplative run - fairly fitting for a marathon taper coinciding with Anzac Day. Lest We Forget.

p.s. Oh and Ewen, Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

3 comments:

strewth said...

Sounds like a lovely run. When I saw your title I thought you must have had an extra fast run!! Mind you, it probably would seem like you were flying compared to my run! Not long now!

Jog Blog said...

Hehehehe .... the "flying" title was a "get you in" play on words. I was so NOT flying Strewth. Plodding would be a much more accurate description.

Ewen said...

I need those jets to blow out my candles. There are so many!