Monday, April 19, 2010

24hrs of walking, running or not

As well as the Melb Trailwalker, the Coburg 24hr run was also on on the weekend just gone (17-18 April).

It was great to hear that several running mates who ran/walked the Trailwalker did well. Congrats!

But I wonder what happened to Martin F in the Coburg 24hr run. It looks like he had a bad day at the ultra office. http://www.aura.asn.au/data/Coburg24Hour_2010_results.pdf I hope he's okay.

Neither event are for me. I couldn't run or walk for that period of time.

5 comments:

Two Fruits said...

I would like to be ready enough to have a go again. May be not, but they are fun & satisfying IF you get it right.

Two Fruits said...

Checked the results from the 24 hour at Coburg. Female winner in the run was Michelle Thompson with 172.8 kms. Male winner in the walk was Peter Bennett ( relative?) with 171.4 kms. I met both of them at Caboolture last year. A good walker or a runner that can run/walk well, will be very competitive. Best to get some practice in walking even for a 100 km event.
Interesting results from Coburg.

strewth said...

Coffee and catch up on Sat after our respective taper runs sounds good! :)

Jog Blog said...

This account by Martin F himself answers my question:

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/index.php?s=eeb0461f70e7f04068427c43773c9f3a&showtopic=26964&pid=562899&st=50&#entry562899

It also confirms three of my existing thoughts/theories - ie, even those who have achieved great, ultra running things can (a) make "beginner" mistakes re: over-training, (b) try to "outsmart" the sports science findings in an effort to turn in a PB performance and lose out, and (c) have a bad running day just like everyone else.

Martin F is a fab ultra runner. I am glad he took the cues from his body and pulled the pin when he did. I hope he recovers well and comes back stronger and better than ever.

Yes, Two Fruits, some very interesting results from Coburg. What's your take on them?

And Strewth, I'm definitely up for a post run coffee on Sat. Just tell me where and when and I'll organise myself to be there. We can compare pre marathon notes as well as natter as usual. Am looking forward to it!

Ewen said...

A dramatic hospital story from Martin! I thought he was bullet proof after such a long string of fabulous results.

Re the coffee... it has to be better than what we had down by the lake Sunday. Very watery - ugh!