Friday, April 16, 2010
7 mins
7 mins is all it takes for me to run from my place to the trails of Mts Ainslie and Majura, regardless of which route I take and there are 3-4 different ones. Once there, I have ~15+ regular training routes mapped out on different trails or variations thereof. It means that I can easily go a couple of weeks without running over very much of the same ground. It is one of the lovely things about living in Canberra and living where I do in particular. Anyway .... on Thursday I discovered a "new" training route on the trails. It's so nice to add another one to the repertoire and to know that there are a series of automatic variations or additions that can be made to it to increase the total number of regular routes to well into the 20s. I'm not sure if this is me having a runner's "small things amuse small minds" moment or if other runners find such things add to the interest of their every day training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ha! Beat you. Only 3 minutes from my place to the trails. Can't think of any I haven't run though.
We're doing 26k from Regatta Pt to Stromlo 8am tomorrow, so back about 10.45 for coffee there if you're interested?
Excellent! ~10.45am coffee @ Regatta Pt. I'll try to time it right.
I have been enjoying exploring new trails around Majura recently too.
Small things add to life's richness.
Post a Comment