Sunday, May 2, 2010

National Capital Running Festival Marathon

I was happy to run a respectable 3.13 in the marathon this morning, putting me in 8th place (outright female) and 1st in my age group.

I now have 9 Griffin points (ie, have run 9 "Canberra" marathons) - Yey! - and will become a Griffin on completion of 10 "Canberra" marathons (next year I hope!).

Thanks to the ACT Cross Country Club for putting on such an awesome event.

Thanks also to my many running mates who cheered me on - in particular Special K (as always!!!) and Michael T who was out there on the side of the road all am. Much appreciated.

And congrats to all runners who toughed it out over 42kms regardless of how fast or slow. The road is hard and it takes guts to get from the start to finish no matter what.

I'll be having a bit of rest and recovery now, followed by some sharpening up for the Christchurch marathon in NZ in 4 weeks time.

Goodnight ....

6 comments:

Jog Blog said...

I should add my age group is 45-49yrs. Eeek!

strewth said...

Fantastic result Liz. You are amazing. Huge congratulations and hopefully next year we will become Griffins together! Woo hoo! See you soon for coffee. :)

Two Fruits said...

Well done Liz, that's a good run although I didn't see any of the half or marathon, too busy working on the ultra.

Stephanie said...

Congrats Liz!!!! You really are an inspiration. :-)

Ewen said...

45-49 is still in "spring chicken" territory. Wait until you're in Strewth's age group ;)

Nice race. You looked good out there. Enjoy the easy week!

Jog Blog said...

Thanks guys for all your kind comments.

One of the things I like most about running is other runners. Running is an individual sport and yet we all understand, support and encourage each other. I guess we are like a team of individuals, all setting our own running goals and striving to achieve them.