Tuesday, May 4, 2010

National Capital Marathon 2010 Pics



Two pics from last Sunday's National Capital Marathon - one at ~34km coming up the nasty little pinch of an incline out of the Glenloch Interchange (ugh!) and one at the finish line (never very pretty!).

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks like it was a gorgeous day for a run!

Jog Blog said...

Yep, only 3-4 deg at the start but then it was cool and sparkling sunshine. (I kept my gloves on til ~30km.) If you are going to smash yourself over 42km you may as well do it on a nice day!

Ewen said...

I like the matching shoes and singlet. What sort of shoes are those?

Jog Blog said...

Hehehe ... To us blondes, colour coordination is important. Fortunately, to us blondes who want to run as well as we can so too is shoe selection. If the two coincide then that is a big win, win.

The shoes are Asics Speedstars which I buy from the US. I don't think you can get them anywhere in Australia nowadays. They are a lightweight racer but only suit neutral foot strikers. See:
http://www.asicsamerica.com/products/product.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=240012105&TITLE_CATEGORY_ID=250001550&PARENT_CATEGORY_ID=250001547