Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Who Wins?

Ewen wins the beers! He guessed closest to my finish time. Pity that I was still a couple of mins outside his estimate - Ugh! Believe me Two Fruits, if I could have made you (and me!) winners of the bet I would have!

By the way Two Fruits, I'm not sure you and I totally agree with each other. Speed and long, long distance are two different types of "hard". Running ~4.15min/km for 42kms is hard. And so is running ~5min/km for 42+++++ kms. I don't think one is harder than the other. It's like comparing apples and pears. It's more a matter of which kind of hard you want to choose to deal with in order to achieve which kind of running goal - marathon vs ultra marathon.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Yeehaaaaa! Won beers always taste the best.

We're having another bet on your Melbourne time - no pressure though ;)

Jog, the thing is, Two Fruits is really only one type of fruit!

Two Fruits said...

This Sat plan to run at Deeks Forest Park, 4 km loops on the gravel. Hope to do around 13 laps plus, stopping at car for eats and drinks. Start time 8:00 am. Join if you wish, will be glad for some company.