Saturday, July 25, 2009

New Campaign

This morning I formally withdrew from the Australian team to run the Commonwealth 100km championships in the UK in Sept. Naturally I have mixed feelings about that, but all things and people considered, it was the right decision. With that a closed chapter and the Tan Ultra 100km in Melb being cancelled, I had no need or motivation to run the 60km bush trail race this morning. Instead, I went off for a quiet, contemplative long-ish run to ponder all that is coming up over the next few months.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

100k runners like a good wine (um, beer) get better with age. Plenty of time to wear the green and gold.

Jog Blog said...

Thanks. Appreciate that. Haven't been feeling too smiley about turning the opportunity down. Just circumstances ....

Two Fruits said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the guess of my distance. I will certainly take that and walk away happy, walk away very, very slowly I think.