Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - 1 January 2013

Happy New Year everyone! I enjoyed my first run of 2013 this morning, followed by a lovely, but hot (32deg), trail walk this afternoon. I think it's going to be a good running year. I can feel it in my osteoarthritic knees :) If nothing else, I have a positive New Year attitude, and as we all know, attitude is as much a part of long distance running as putting one foot in front of the other over and over again. Best wishes to all of you for a great running year. I hope to see you all out on the trails and/or at various local, interstate and/or overseas running events.

2 comments:

Jog Blog said...

Thanks Ewen for your 31/12/12 comment and yes you are right on two counts - ie, (1) a new age group beckons for me after my "significant birthday" on 2/2 and yes, (2) that's scary in terms of the high quality running competition that exists in that age group - both within Australia and internationally. But .... the two big positives are: (1) I am happy and relieved to have a marathon PB of 2:59 which is nice to have even though I know I will never get close to it again, and (2) at 50yrs I feel great(!) and am back to running for all my original reasons - ie, its enjoyable - nothing more, nothing less. What a lovely place to be. 50yrs old is GREAT! ):

strewth said...

Happy New Year Liz. You're not quite 50 yet - a few weeks to go before you can claim it's great lol! It will be a fantastic year for you I am sure and you're so right. A positive attitude counts for a whole lot. Besides you only look 40 and you will be one of the youngest in your new age group which gives you an opportunity to do really well:) Have a super healthy 2013 Liz full of new goals and achievements. Looking forward to that celebratory coffee or three:) xx