I finished the week with a comfortable 22km run on Saturday, which was pleasing, because by comfortable I mean comfortable both in terms of osteoarthritic knee pain being tolerable as well as my fitness being up to the job. I still have a long way to go with building up my ultra marathon fitness but I'll be happy if my knee pain stays at the level it is and doesn't increase in line with my fitness. I think that will remain the tricky thing for me to manage.
Heading in to this week I'm hoping to further consolidate both the routine and the training, being careful not to over do things too soon or I know my knees will make me pay for it.
1 comment:
That's sounding very positive Liz. I'm glad your running buddies are back training and very happy that you had a good pain-free 22km run yesterday. Great news:)
Post a Comment