Wednesday, March 3, 2010
So .... What Next?
So .... it's just on 4 weeks since the 82km Cradle Mt ultra and I'm almost running pain free. Yippee! So .... what next? Well, I can now say that short of running 24+ hrs I have done just about every kind of running there is, and so my "what next?" is based on knowing what most kinds of runs/races are really like. My conclusion ... a couple more road marathons and a couple more ultras (2-3 interstate and a couple in New Zealand), but definitely no more ultras that = walking (I'm a runner not a walker), no more ridiculously steep rocky ascents/descents (boring and hard = a bad combination), and no more carrying own gear (aid stations were invented for a very good reason). It's all going to be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you raced 400s and 800s on the track? No steep rocky ascents/descents or carrying your own gear there ;)
Seriously though, I'm sure you'll have a great year. Looking forward to it!
Track work is a part of my training but racing on the track isn't. It just doesn't fit with the rest of life at the moment.
Post a Comment