Sunday, March 28, 2010
5,1,8,20, 32 .....
Every weekend is busy when you have sporty teenagers. Of course I wouldn't have it any other way - they are fit, healthy, love their sport and are good at it - but it does mean that every weekend involves extensive juggling of everyone's sporting commitments and LOTS of sweaty, smelly washing. This weekend I squished my running in around 5 soccer games, 1 basketball game and 8 loads of washing (including 3 loads of the men's premier league team kit - ie, 20 jerseys, 20 pairs of shorts and 20 pairs of socks!). I ended up getting some decent kilometres in, including a long run (32km), but it was a bit of a tired slog - probably because of the running around before and after. So, as the weekend draws to a close, everyone has trained and/or played well and hard, the washing is done, and a relaxing dinner is on the horizon. Pity that tomorrow is Monday. We all need a weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good set of numbers. You need a Monday/Tuesday weekend to recover from the weekend!
We found another good coffee place - near the Carillon. Good coffee and lovely ambiance.
You guys have done some great coffee shop research! You must have a good bank of post run coffee options by now. When your list gets to 48 you can do 1 per week (post Sat long run) and have no repeat visits for a whole year! You might have to start including some warm, indoor options for winter though ...
Hi Jog - In response to your comment I normally would do the Dickson speedygeese sessions on Thursdays but tomorrow I have a function to attend AND my daughter's home from Sydney for one night only so I won't be going this week. I'll start there next week. Will be great if you can get there - quite a few different faces from Monday's group although some of the same people go to both. Have a lovely Easter.
Thanks for your comment. I'm not hard on myself, and have always tended to run & train a bit easy. I have never had a coach or a person to tell me how or what to do in training. Sometimes, just a kick will do to kept the mental side rolling along. But I have learnt a lot along the way just as age is starting to slow me down. Still fun, just need one last big good solid result. Could be later this year!!
Post a Comment