I ran a pretty routine 31km today on the dirt trails. I felt good and ran at a decent enough long run pace, particularly over the mid section which I ran with Vanessa Haverd.
Over the last week or so I've consolidated my "what next?" plans. My next goal race is the Christchurch Marathon in June. Prior to that I plan to run the Canberra Marathon in May, primarily so I can add to my Griffin points (only 2 more to go). I've been asked to pace the 3.30 group in the Canberra marathon, and while that would force me to run it as a training marathon and increase the chances of me saving my best/better marathon running for Christchurch, I don't think I will do the pacing thing. You never know, I might fluke a "feel good, fast day" and want to lift the pace to finish as fast as I can.
I'm still deciding on goal races post Christchurch in June. There are some good races later in the year that I haven't done before which are particularly tempting. Stay tuned ....
5 comments:
If any reader would like to be a pacer on 2 May please contact me! We need pacers for 3 hours, 3:15, 3:30. 4:00 in particular... Free entry... Sure to be fun. And please spread the word that pacers are being sought.
Thanks Geoff and my apologies if I'm letting you down by deciding not to pace the 3.30 group. I'll certainly ask around and put prospective pacers in touch with you.
The 'warm-up' must have been perfect for Vanessa - she ran a brilliant 1500 this arvo - about 4:38.
Next is Gold Rush off road marathon in FNQ at Babinda.
New, yes, part of the dirty northern trail running series. This run takes in the two highest mountains in Qld. It will be hot, wet, hilly & lots of fun. This is the third in the series, the last one in Oct is the Spiny Cray ultra which I will also do. It's 56 km from Julatten, inland from Port Douglas & will be real tough as well. Both events I think will be around Six Foot Track & Maroondah Dam type difficulty.
The events are listed on AURA website but mountain running yet. I'll send you the course profile, I have been in contact with Shane White a few times now. It's going to be two fun events.
Post a Comment