Friday, October 30, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting ....

I was one of the lucky ones who got an entry in for the 82km Cradle Mt ultra run (feb 2010) before the 60 runner cut off was reached (ie, less than 12 hours after entries opened!). http://www.cradlemtnrun.asn.au/ But, like all other entrants, I'm still waiting to hear if I've been accepted. On paper, I meet the entry criteria several times over but those on the race selection panel can still use their discretion as they see fit. I hope I find out soon and I hope I am accepted so that I can carefully tailor my training to suit between now and early Feb. Patience .... it's not one of my virtues ....

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Great. You should be accepted. Looks like a brilliant run. A shame 2F isn't doing his "home state" ultra - it'd be a good set-up for a bet.

Plan your training to include lots of climbing over tree roots for the last 10? k.

Two Fruits said...

There will be tree roots for the last 80 kms.