It's hard to comprehend the extreme diversity in climate/temperature that exists with just a couple of short plane trips between places in Aus. What the weather man says it's going to be like in Hamilton Is compared to what it is going to be like in Canberra = a universe apart. For the last 20yrs I've been a firm and practicing believer in the notion that we can all get through Canberra's long, cold winter if we give ourselves a warm escape in the middle of it every year. It works for me!
Oooops ... I've been copping some flak from my road running mates after wishing all the FFT marathoners all the best this coming weekend but forgetting to (publicly) wish all the Melb marathoners good luck as well. My bad. Sorry. Good luck to all who are hauling themselves over 42km this coming weekend, regardless of where and type of terrain. I'll be keen to hear how everyone goes.
In the meantime, stay warm! .....
3 comments:
I agree - that's why I like the Gold Coast events. September has been dragging on a bit.
What about those hauling themselves over 21km in Melbourne this weekend!
Definitely Ewen! "Go Well" wishes are appropriate for any race. It's always tough to lay it on the line and run to your potential regardless of distance. So, I hope you run a ripper in Melb on Sun! My bet is ~1.40 for you. What do you reckon?
Thanks!
Good bet. I'll be trying to run 1:40. Let's hope the Melbourne weather is better than what we have here right now!
Post a Comment