The first bit of good news is that my new Garmin 310XT with HRM arrived via courier last night. Yippee! I've had a cursory look at the instruction book, put the new toy on charge, and can't wait to give it a test run.
The second bit of good news is that I had a quality run in the 32km Orroral Valley mountain race this morning. It was a crystal clear day and the scenery was magnificent but there were certainly some very honest rises in the road (read: hills) to get up and over. My 2hrs 41mins gave me 2nd place (female) and 5th place outright (males and females). I was happy with that. The 6ft track boys I've been doing some training with weren't too far behind me. Steve ran 2hrs 47mins (Ewen wins their bet!) and Mick ran 3hrs+ (still not totally recovered from injury). A couple of the others opted for the 20km option and Nick missed out altogether courtesy of his work sending him to the Middle East today.
I have an easy run day planned for tomorrow. That should be good for both recovery and for learning the ins and outs of my new Garmin.
5 comments:
Missed winning the bet by 1 minute, almost as close as Fitzroy Falls. Well done Liz, good run, you'll be faster with the new toy.
Congrats on a good race! Are you loving your new toy?
WooHoo! Thanks for putting in an effort over those rises. I hate to lose!
Enjoy the new toy. Set the cruise control for 6:00/km and you'll be able to 'keep up' with me ;)
Forgot to say, I take the credit for your win over 2F by inspiring you to run faster because of brown snake dreams.
Hehehehe .... I just lucked(?) a good run on Sat that's all. The snakes weren't a dream though - apparently when John H was marking out the course he saw 2 brown snakes and 1 black snake. Yikes!
The new toy is w - a - y cool fun. I don't think it's going to make me run faster but at least it should help me know where I am!
Post a Comment