Back running at home this weekend after 12 days @ Hamilton Is.
Had a great holiday. From a running point of view, I thoroughly enjoyed the heat, humidity and hills. From a non-running point of view, the highlights were the snorkling trip we took out the Great Barrier Reef proper, the quad biking, catamaran sailing, speed boating, golf and, and, and. It was all good.
Arriving home on Friday was a harsh reality check - ie, cold weather and daylight savings in the one hit! Whooooaaaah! Still, it is always nice to be home and having a few adjustment/catch up days before the full reality check - ie, back to work! - has definitely been worthwhile.
My Hamilton Is holiday running and running @ home this weekend has all been decent, maintenance type training. But the return to all things routine this week will include a return to some more focussed training, based around the next few events I'd like to race.
Speaking of races, it was great to see Angela (5th) and Vanessa (7th) run so well in the Worlds (Long Course Mountain Marathon Champs) in Austria yesterday, and more locally, it was good to hear that Two Fruits, Mick, Nick and Pam were all finishers in the FFTM yesterday. (I did lose the bet on the estimated finish times of the boys @ FFTM though - sigh .... ) I'm keen to see how the Melb marathon runners go today. That will complete a pretty full few days of lots of mates running lots of different races.
It's a gret time of the year for running and racing.
4 comments:
Yes, I'm still upset you didn't bring some of that weather back with you.
We can have another go with the bet. By the way, Nick is notoriously unreliable on trail runs!
Hey Ewen, am happy to pay out on the bet/debt. Or we could go "double or nothing" on the next one. Your call?? More importantly though, how did your Melb 1/2 m'thon go?? Did I get close on that bet??
Double or nothing is always good (if I keep winning ;)
You were half right! Made it to 10k feeling good on 1:40 pace (47:15). Ran 1:43 in the end, so the endurance is lacking. Or head - I'm not that fond of halves. You missed a great day - perfect weather for fast times - 2:34 for the first lady.
Well done Ewen. 1.43 is decent. What's next for you???
Post a Comment