Monday, June 8, 2009

Making Good Use of the Queen's Birthday

Thanks to the Queen's Birthday public holiday today, I made the Sri Chinmoy 1/2 marathon my tempo session for the day. It's been a couple of years since I've done this particular event - ie, 13 laps of a 1 mile loop around Telopea Park. Today it served its purpose as a solid training run which I did in 90mins flat. That was good enough given that 24hrs beforehand I ran 32kms and my runny nose ran the whole 21kms in time with my legs!

2 comments:

Ewen said...

You forgot about the 2nd place and huge trophy!

Looks like spring today. That's why I run in the afternoons - at least the frost has melted, even if it's still only 2 degrees!

Jog Blog said...

Thanks Ewen. Coming 2nd and the trohpy were nice too. As were the Sri Chinmoy pancakes and hot English breakfast tea at the finish line. Those guys always put on such great, runner friendly events.