Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Soggy But Exciting Week

What a soggy week! Rain, rain, rain every day. It made for some very wet, sloshy running. On the up side, I managed to run most days and only had to resort to the treadmill once (whew!). On the down side, waterlogged shoes, muddy trails and jumping puddles makes for slow, poor quality training. I think everyone would agree, we've had enough.

What an exciting week! We've changed our holiday plans and we are going to France! Can't wait! On the up side, the timing of our trip fits my current running event plans. On the down side, I won't be there in time for the Paris marathon. I think everyone would agree though that marathons and holidays don't always mix and so I think it will be a win-win situation.

Aside from the sog and the excitment, one other nice part of this week was the Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) printing the interview they did with me about medicine ball training in today's SMH. It's on page 27 of the "Spectrum" liftout and will be online @ www.smh.com.au next week.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

When I saw the photo I immediately thought 'Paris Marathon!' Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a great holiday and get to sample the local bakeries :)

Yes, over this soggy weather - I'm sure my shoes are starting to shrink, as well as go mouldy!

strewth said...

Oh wow I just love France. There's so much to see and do. When are you going and how long for? Hope you go in their summer so that you can experience some of the heat and sunshine that we are sadly lacking right now! It will be such a relaxing holiday too without a planned marathon - just enjoy the running without any pressure. Woo hoo!