I pulled up pretty well from the Melbourne Ironman marathon last Sunday. I was sore in all the normal places but not "injury sore". It's funny how you can take comfort in feeling "normal sore" in that it's familiar and you know it's not serious compared to "new sore" which may turn out to be serious or "injury sore" which almost always turns out to be serious.
I had a very easy training week this week with a few gym days, a couple of short, slow runs, and then a sluggish 20km run this morning.
The Canberra Marathon is only two weeks away and with my level of physical and mental tiredness (the latter being thanks to my job - ie, no thanks!), I'm tapering from now.
The Canberra Marathon is one of my favourite marathons and this year it will be even more special as I will be running at as a Griffin for the first time, having achieved Griffin status last year (ie, recognition of having run 10 Canberra Marathons) but ..... I haven't been running very well over the last 6+ months and so while I'm looking forward to it, I don't expect to run a particularly good time in it. I'll be content (not happy, but content) if I can run it in <3.30.
3 comments:
They made you run on the beach?! I'm sure you'll be under 3:30 - no soft sand in Canberra, it'll be 10 degrees cooler and you'll be rested.
P.S. No mental tiredness with my job, just physical ;-)
I agree with Ewen. After a couple of gentle weeks tapering you should be rested and ready for Canberra. Here's hoping we have another beautiful day, maybe not as warm as today however. It really felt quite hot out there by 9am. Maybe one more coffee next Sat is in order before the big day? Here's hoping our Griffin singlets are comfortable!!
Yep! I'll be here this Sat just running a lazy 15km. What time and where for coffee??
Post a Comment