Monday, April 9, 2012

Choc-A-Block Easter

Our four day Easter break was choc-a-block - mostly with good stuff :)

Good Friday was a domestic catch up day although I didn't manage to catch up with as many things as I would have liked. There were just too many things on the list (there still is!). Still, I did achieve a fair bit and I got a short, easy run in.

Easter Saturday was a normal Saturday in terms of my running routine. However, since I'm tapering for the Canberra marathon it was a short run of "just" 15km. The "just" was "just" because it didn't feel like "just". Rather, it was another slow, worriesome slog. I am now more concerned than I was last week about not being in fresh run shape for the marathon next Sunday. Eeek! .... Aside from my lowsy run though, Saturday was a lovely social day. I had coffee with Ruth and Cathy post run, and then Special K and I had yummy Bollywood Masala Indian dinner with Kerrie B and Peter in the evening.

I ran short and slow again on Easter Sunday, mostly so I could save my legs for spending the day and evening at the folk festival. It was fabulous! The vast array of great music, craft and fantastic multicultural cuisine made it a total feast for the senses. My musical favourites were Stefan Grossman (blues mostly) and the Sasta Irish Music Band. Special K and I stayed until midnight and enjoyed every minute of it.

Today (Easter Monday) was a walk training day and I thoroughly enjoyed walking with my friend Maria and having coffee afterwards. She is one of the fastest walkers I know. I almost have to run to keep up with her - and I'm not kidding.

After such a choc-a-block Easter I'm glad it's only a four day week, and a rest week at that in terms of running.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Keep choc-loading and you'll have heaps of energy on the day ;-) I had a slow worriesome 15k slog this evening - I'm blaming the 6C temp - hope it's warmer on the weekend!

Jog Blog said...

Thanks Ewen. I always appreciate your fun/light hearted perspective. It helps me take it all less seriously and that's a good thing.

This morning it was a mere 3 deg when I jogged around Lake G. Brrrr ...... It was not pleasant. I guess it's time to drag out the long arms, long legs, winter running gear. Sigh and groan ....

strewth said...

The folk festival sounds great. I really must go again one of these years. I really enjoyed it the one year we actually went. Enjoy a nice easy week and in five more sleeps you will be fresh and ready to run. See you at the expo Sat about 11am. Fingers crossed those singlets fit!!