Monday, March 19, 2012

Hike Fast!

I'm now the proud owner of a pair of cutting edge, state of the art, top of the range, ultra light, mega compact, totally awesome trekking poles. Check them out (pic). They s-t-r-e-t-c-h to 110cms in length (ie, MUCH longer than my height requires), fold to 36cm, and weigh a mere 260grams. Being a total fan of new gadgets I totally love these - ie, my new toy(s). Even if they don't make me a faster hiker, they will at least help me look the part and hopefully help prevent me from falling over :)

6 comments:

Ewen said...

They look good! Just be careful not to stab a brown snake lazing beside the trail or path. I saw one just down from BMP on the edge of the bikepath on Sunday.

Two Fruits said...

Not available in " go fast red"

They will help Liz, just need some practice. Could you use them in Canberra mthn ?

Jog Blog said...

Ewen, what a great idea/additional benefit - ie, I could stab those scary snakes and get them before they get me :)

Two Fruits, there was no colour choice. Lucky I like the default colour as is :) It looks like a fast colour don't you think?

strewth said...

Wow they look amazing. Good choice Liz - they're sure to make you more confident and therefore walk faster and definitely look the part which is very important after all!

Ewen said...

If you stab a snake, drop your pole and start sprinting!

Ewen said...

So where's your IM report? ;-) I had to look up the results - 3:32 sounds good to me!