Tuesday, June 7, 2011

True or False?



(a) Basketball is not enjoyable enough to commit to playing every week.

(b) The unpredictability of playing basketball anywhere between 6pm and 10pm each Tuesday is a disincentive to playing basketball at all.

(c) I'm a loner and more comfortable with individual sports (ie, long distance running) than team sports like basketball.

(d) The novelty of basketball has worn off and now it feels like a "have to do" thing.

(e) All of the above.

While you and I ponder this question I'm off to play basketball. Tonight it's a 9.20pm game. Bring it on! (or is that self talk!?)

2 comments:

Ewen said...

So, did you win? How many goals, rebounds, tackles? Besides the social aspect, the other thing it's got going for it is the warm environment and working a few seldom used muscles.

Jog Blog said...

It was close but .... we lost :(

The social bit is nice. The "warm" environment however, is a fallacy. I think the outside air temperature and inside the Belconnen Basketball Centre are the same :(

The use of seldomly used muscles has its advantages and disadvantages - ie, it's good to make them work as long as they don't injure.

Am still weighing up all the pros and cons :) Vs :(