Monday, June 13, 2011

Half Decent Half Marathon

This morning I ran the Sri Chinmoy Half Marathon at Telopea Park as a firm training run (since I am definitely not half marathon race fit). The course is 13 laps of a 1 mile loop (plus a bit) and is an official, imperially measured, accredited half marathon course. It is one of the few courses in Australia still measured and lap timed in miles. I've run it a few times in the past and always enjoyed it.

It was cool and windy this morning (~8 deg) but according to the organisers it was the warmest morning in the history of the event(!).

I ran it in 1hr 33min which was okay for a firm training run and good enough for me to be second placed female outright.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

That's a solid training run. 8 degrees is nice for that time of the morning - I note the lack of gloves!

Jog Blog said...

Yep, I tried to be brave - no gloves, no beanie.