Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hard Easy

I ran an easy 26km this morning except it was hard. Now before you start thinking that's a contradiction, let me explain. It was an easy 26km route - ie, not too hilly and one of my regular routes - and yet it felt harder than normal. Perhaps it was the cold wind blowing in from the snowfields or perhaps it was that I was (over) tired. Whatever. Some running days are like that.

The only other interesting running related thing that happened this week was that I received an email from the secretary of AURA (Australian Ultra Runners Association) who is also the new race director of the Tan Ultra 100km in Melbourne. He was asking me if I was going to run the Tan Ultra 100km again this year and "defend my title and race record" (his words, not mine). Since it is the week after the Townsville marathon which I have entered I'm not going to, but I might in 2012.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

The cold wind blowing in from the snowfields didn't help! 2012 sounds like a good plan to me for defending your Tan record. After reading about Grellan's PB http://solorun.blogspot.com/ I'm inspired that you can do it!