Friday, June 3, 2011

"Big Bob"


Time has kind of stood still over the last week or so since the passing away of my dad, affectionately known as "Big Bob". He was 84 years old. This is the last photo I have of him and me. It was taken in August last year, the day before I ran the Tan Ultra 100km in Melbourne. I will miss him deeply, but after many, many years of poor health and pain, he is now at peace.

I have spent the last 8 days in Ballarat with my extended family. Running around Lake Wendouree like I normally do when I visit Ballarat provided me with comfort and thinking space both before and after dad's funeral.

I'm home now and it is time for some things to return to "normal". Running is one of those things. However, I'm sure that I will have many more runs consumed with thoughts of "Big Bob".

3 comments:

Ewen said...

That's a great photo of you and your dad. I'm sure he's watching over you wherever and whenever you're out running.

Jog Blog said...

Thanks Ewen. You're lovely. Of course your comment made me cry .... again.

Isaac said...

that's really nice mum, rest in peace Pop.