Sunday, October 31, 2010

Narrowing Down "What Next?" Again

I've been back running pain free for ~10 days now. It's a great feeling! Prior to that, when I was sore and over tired, I decided to let my body repair, run easy and not race anything until early 2011. I still think I will do that - partly because I know that after running 4 marathons and 2 ultras (84km and 100km) this year my body needs a longer rest, and partly because there aren't any particular races between now and the end of the year that really take my fancy. But, I have got to thinking about goal races for early 2011. Thus far, I've got a list of what I'm not going to do and a set of criteria for what I am going to do. Among the "not going to do" are the Cradle Mt 84km (no surprises there!!!) and the 6ft track, and among the "criteria for what I am going to do" are marathons or ultras that I haven't done before and at least one overseas one. So ... "what next" is starting to get narrowed down.

This week was a steady week of running cluminating with a good tempo run yesterday with GEM on her bike beside me, and an easy 16km with Kerrie B this morning. It was Kerrie's last run before flying out tomorrow morning for the 100km in Gibralter next weekend. Go well Kerrie!

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. I've ticked off the same "not to do" runs ;) Don't forget, coffee and cakes are good for recovery. We missed you last Saturday - it was perfect outside on the "verandah".

Jog Blog said...

There are some good 2011 running options for me in both Japan and NZ. How exciting! Thinking, thinking, thinking.....

Will catch up with you regulars this Saturday @ 10.45am @ The Outpost - yes????

Stephanie said...

Glad you're running pain free again! Sometimes I think picking a race is harder than actually running the race.