Both the 2011 Senshu and Tokyo Marathons in Japan are full to capacity. Hmmmmm ..... I'm moving on to marathon/ultra marathon Plan C for early 2011......
Hmmm ... interesting ... the Osaka marathon is in Oct 2011. But ... there's an Osaka "ladies" marathon - ie, women only - at the end of January 2011. I've never run a women's only marathon. How odd and interesting. I'm not sure how interested I am in such a prospect.
Surprisingly, Liz, it hasn't worried me about not running at the moment. I'll get back into it when the weather warms up. One of the guys from work came back from a trip to the Mt Everest Base camp and had a book with details of the Mt Everest marathon. It starts at lower altitude and finishes at the base camp which is at about 5500 metres. One the interesting parts is the very limited field and a doctor runs with each competitor in case of altitude sickness. You must be in Nepal for 10 days beforehand to acclimatise. May be with ruling out Cradle Mtn for next year, you should rule this one out as well. It would be very scenic, maybe your Tan crew could carry your pack. Too cold for me even in summer.I hope you find a good and interesting overseas marathon for next year.
3 comments:
Book now for Osaka in late 2011 :)
Yes, 10:45 at the cafe is the plan. We'll do a flattish run, so should be able to cover 16-18k in 2 hours.
Hmmm ... interesting ... the Osaka marathon is in Oct 2011. But ... there's an Osaka "ladies" marathon - ie, women only - at the end of January 2011. I've never run a women's only marathon. How odd and interesting. I'm not sure how interested I am in such a prospect.
Surprisingly, Liz, it hasn't worried me about not running at the moment. I'll get back into it when the weather warms up.
One of the guys from work came back from a trip to the Mt Everest Base camp and had a book with details of the Mt Everest marathon. It starts at lower altitude and finishes at the base camp which is at about 5500 metres. One the interesting parts is the very limited field and a doctor runs with each competitor in case of altitude sickness. You must be in Nepal for 10 days beforehand to acclimatise. May be with ruling out Cradle Mtn for next year, you should rule this one out as well. It would be very scenic, maybe your Tan crew could carry your pack.
Too cold for me even in summer.I hope you find a good and interesting overseas marathon for next year.
Post a Comment