Sunday, November 7, 2010

21km X 2

Even though I still haven't decided on my next goal race, my running over the last couple of weeks has been "base building" type running.

This weekend I ran two quite different 21km runs - both serving a different training purpose. Yesterday's 21km was flat and on the road, and today's was very up and down along the hilly mountain trails.

I saw lots of my running mates out and about while running this weekend, and it was good to catch up with the usual crew @ The Outpost yesterday after our respective runs. It was even better to see that after our coffee catch up Strewth revived her blog and re-joined our e-running world.

The IAU World Championship 100km is on in Gibraltar today. It starts at about 4.30pm our time. Predictions are that the winning male will go ~6.40 and the winning female ~7.50. I'm very keen to see how the Australian team go, particularly Kerrie B who I've done some training with over the last couple of months. I think she's aiming for ~8.30. Of course the event is going to involve a test of my endurance as well - ie, whether or not I can stay awake long enough to see them all cross the line via the weblink!

4 comments:

Ewen said...

That's a good double. I'm interested to see how Kerrie and the Aussies go too, but I might wait until tomorrow arvo to find out.

Yes, I was worried we'd lost Strewth, but she's back. WooHoo!

Two Fruits said...

According to Phibes on Coolrunning, Kerrie is a very happy girl, 8:24 for 100 km is really flying. Great result and well deserved.

Stephanie said...

No closer to picking events?

Jog Blog said...

I've chosen 3 events for early 2011. No point blurting about them until I know my entries have been accepted (ie, met qualifying standards and/or in before entry quota limits are reached). I'm hopeful. I'd settle for 2 out or 3.