Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Runner's Day

Today was definitely a runner's day in that everywhere I ran I saw runners I knew, including many who I haven't seen out on the trails or on the road for a long time. It all started just 1km into my run when I ran past Vanessa H running in the opposite direction along the Watson mountain trails. Not long after that I overtook Gary P +2 and Ian D +3 on the trails behind Mt Ainslie. And then as I headed towards the back of the war memorial for a much needed drink I came across Craig D and his running mates who had just finished their 15km run. At the ferry terminal I saw Speedy Goose Geoff (for the 3rd Sat in a row!). After that, my run was much less populated as I took an obscure, quiet route home. I'm not sure what kind of a run all those other runners had today but mine was a slow, unseasonally hot, slog.

While today may have been a runner's day, tomorrow is going to be a biking day, for me at least. It's the annual Tour de Femme 20km bike ride and I'll be riding it with Little A as per usual. It's a great opportunity to do something purely recreational and not competitive, and the two of us love the mother-daughter time.


Actually ...... I think what we really love is the brunch we treat ourselves to afterwards :)

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Yes, it was tough out there this morning - even on our measly 15k jaunt.

Now that's my kind of bike! No chance of a flat tyre. Enjoy the TdF and brunch. Hope it's fine, and there are no 'CJs'.

Two Fruits said...

It must have the nice day, we saw heaps of runners and walkers we knew around Mt Taylor. Running so slow that we had a chance to recognise & then chat as we passed.

strewth said...

The Tour de Femme was heaps of fun. I didn't see you cycle past and I'm sure I would have noticed THAT bike. How cool would that be - the best of both worlds!! :)