Saturday, October 9, 2010
Marathon Ready ...... Or Not
Just back from two weeks holiday in Qld. Have just enough time to unpack, pack again, and fly to Melbourne to run the Melbourne Marathon tomorrow. Am I ready? No. The packing should all come together but mind and body are still on holidays in Qld. The change to daylight savings has been a bit of a shock to the system. Combine that with a niggling hamstring and a blonde brain that has just registered "Oh, I'm running 42km in Melbourne tomorrow" and who knows how it's all going to unfold. Thankfully, nothing of self importance rests on this marathon. After a solid year of running, including 3 marathons and 2 ultra marathons (84km and 100km respectively), this one is my end of year fun run marathon. Even if my running is sub-standard I have every confidence that the Melbourne shopping and coffee will be up to scratch. Better get on with the packing ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm jealous! Of the coffee and shopping. Enjoy your end of year fun run marathon. Hope the weather is kind - it was beautiful here today.
Post a Comment