Ran the 20km leg of the triple tri today up/down Mt Majura, Mt Ainslie and the bits in between, in ~35degrees. "Hot, hilly and hard" pretty well sums it up. I ran it in 1:45 which was a bit slower than last year but then it was a "bit" hotter this year.
Next weekend is the Space Station 44km up some of the toughest mountains there are. If the forecast is for another 35degrees I think I'll DNS so I don't DNF!
3 comments:
You'll get more out of a DNF than a DNS, that's the soft option. It's harder than SFT, you can do it !
DNS is a good option - not soft at all. Better to live to run another day than die of heat exhaustion on the trails and become food for the crows.
Really Two Fruits, you know better than that. It's not about being soft or tough. It's about choosing to do the right long, hard, mountain race at the right time and under the right conditions. You know that.
Post a Comment