Ran 42kms on the trails with the hydration pack on today. It was a good test of my carrying capacity over approximately half the Cradle Mt ultra distance (but less than half the time Cradle Mt will take me), so a confidence building run in that respect. I also took the opportunity today to test out some ultra nutrition on the run and using 3X3mins (approx) walk breaks to do it. All went smoothly. There's still plenty more training, testing and fine tuning to be done.
4 comments:
It was great to finally meet you briefly Liz after hearing and reading so much about you. You look fantastic and wow, that was one helluva long run you did today - awesome training!
Ditto Strewth - nice to meet you too after hearing so much about you! I hope our running paths cross again and that we can jog along and chat some time. You are one ahead of me on your Canberra marathon count and becoming a Griffin is one of my goals too. I hope the current dispute over the Canberra marathon doesn't wreck our chances of having 2010 count towards our tally!
We're putting on an alternative 42 x 1k marathon if Canberra's not on ;)
Now I can finally say I ran 'with' you - even if it was only for a k and a bit, and mostly downhill. Good luck with the fine tuning.
Great to meet you Ewen! I have lots more kms to run before Cradle Mt, so plenty of opportunity to do a few more of them together. And don't worry, as the pack gets heavier I'll get slower!
Post a Comment