Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Garmin Lemon

After many, many conversations and emails with both the retailer I bought my new Garmin 310XT from and Garmin Australia I sent my 4 week old toy back to Garmin today to be replaced. It just would not re-charge despite trying ALL recommended Garmin "fixes". Dead flat = dead. Looks like I just got a lemon. Very disappointed.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is disappointing. I still want one though.

Ewen said...

Big mistake not naming it. "Gertrude" wouldn't have let you down. Maybe it was scared about the upcoming 82k in Tassie?

Jog Blog said...

Steph, if I get a replacement which re-charges hassle free then I would recommend the Garmin 310XT. It has great features and is very intuitive. And that's coming from a long-term HRM user, and a convert from Suunto to Polar to Garmin. But, at the moment, the "if" is still a factor and holding me back from recommending the Garmin. Will keep you posted.

Ewen, the Garmin couldn't be as scared as I am about th Cradle Mt 82km!