Little A and I and several of her teenage friends had a lovely time in the Tour de Femme. The girls zoomed ahead of me in the last few kms just so that they could "beat" me. I understand that mentality and was happy for them to "GO!". For me, I got satisfaction out of the reverse - ie, not competing but being the person who got them out there in the first place. None of them would normally spend Sunday riding 20km or similar, and all of them said they enjoyed it, felt proud of themselves at the end, or both. Go Girls! Needless to say I'm one tired mummy tonight!
3 comments:
How did you and Little A go in the TdF?
Little A and I and several of her teenage friends had a lovely time in the Tour de Femme. The girls zoomed ahead of me in the last few kms just so that they could "beat" me. I understand that mentality and was happy for them to "GO!". For me, I got satisfaction out of the reverse - ie, not competing but being the person who got them out there in the first place. None of them would normally spend Sunday riding 20km or similar, and all of them said they enjoyed it, felt proud of themselves at the end, or both. Go Girls! Needless to say I'm one tired mummy tonight!
Big sleep then before another week of training!
Post a Comment