Saturday, August 1, 2009

42km not 100km

Having my training and enthusiasm for the Tan Ultra 100km interrupted, and then having other commitments creep into the weekend that it "is/was/is again" scheduled for, I'm going to skip it for this year and run another marathon instead.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Which one are you thinking?

Ewen said...

Run St George in the US - the last 15k is downhill.

Not sure what happened to TwoFruits - according to CR, 135.5k. This ultra lark can't be easy!

Might have to double up the beer-bet on your marathon time.

Jog Blog said...

Yeah, I hope Two Fruits is okay. Mind you, 135.5km still sounds like a l-o-n-g way to run to me.

i've lost track of who's in front on which beer bet.

Ewen said...

OK, this last one was the first 'serious' beer bet. I WON!

So, we can double-up on the next one. This means if you win the bet, we're square. If I win, you owe me 2 six-packs.

We'll have to make it on another race Two Fruits runs (so it might be a while).

Two Fruits said...

From what I know, not much, you need 2 years of preparation to a good 24 hour run. They are lots of fun, tough day out, you will learn heaps about yourself. The journey to the start line is just as important as the destination. You meet lots of very good people testing themselves way out of their comfort zones. There is, I hope, a good 6 hour track run in Vic in late Nov. Probably my next proper ultra.