Saturday, August 15, 2009

Breathe ...

I was going to go to Victoria this weekend to visit my parents but after the last two weeks being as long and full as they have been I postponed the trip. Judging by my tired, slow, plodding run this morning, that was a good decision. The next two weeks will be similar with early starts and long days at work, and juggling my running around it, and so this weekend is about catching up - mentally, physically and practically (read: ironing! Eeek!).

7 comments:

Two Fruits said...

Another word comes to mind, " burnout". Take a few deep breaths, chill a bit and get through this period of time without anything going wrong. Then a few warmer days will improve how you feel. I did see a van in Deakin during the week, " Dial an Ironer", maybe you could offer to join the franchise. "Have plenty of experience, can work alone without supervision", just need time to run each day. Take care.

Jog Blog said...

Ironing sux.

Ewen said...

As Stephanie said, you're doing a great job of keeping all those balls in the air.

I'll give you a hot tip about ironing: buy clothes that a drip-dry and don't need ironing! If you're wearing a shirt (that needs ironing) underneath a jumper, just iron the collar and cuffs. Leave the rest wrinkled!

Two Fruits said...

Work shirts never get ironed in winter. Always leave the jumper on.
Deep Space marathon on 22nd Nov is same distance but much harder than SFT. It snowed last year on Mt Tennent.

Jog Blog said...

Guys .... I'm a girl! Ironing has to be done properly! None of this cuffs and collars stuff! My secret is .... I actually only iron on very rare occasions. I have a housekeeper who does most of that stuff. She is fabulous and I would be lost without her. People frequently ask me how I can justify/afford her, to which my answer is: "think of all the time I have spent running over the last 25+ years ... there's never been a time when I've thought cleaning the bathroom would be more fun than running!" So ... the moral of this story is .... she has been one of my best investments because she has freed me to run instead of doing domestic chores for 25+ years. What a bargain! Good on her!

Two Fruits said...

Results from Tan run coming thru. Sounds like the weather was not kind, maybe a good day not to run in Melb. Always next year, it would have been fun.

Jog Blog said...

I'm glad I didn't run the Tan 100km. Apart from the rubbish weather, my last 2-3 weeks would have had me standing on the start line both mentally and physcially fatigued. Hardly a good starting position! It would all have added up to a miserable experience for me.

There are other ultras and there's always next year for the Tan 100km (that is, if they get their sh**t together and organise for it to be consistently "on" or consistently "off"!)