Friday, August 7, 2009

Survival

Sometimes juggling all that there is to juggle in life and keeping as consistent as possible a running training routine comes down to shuffling and squeezing things in. This week was a perfect example - 2 days working in Sydney and 3 days working off-site in remote locations meant heading out the door at 5am to run or no run. Ugh! So, this week was about getting in whatever running I could. Thankfully this weekend is set to be "normal busy" but not "extraordinary busy". So I'm hoping to get in one decent medium-long run and some proper rest and relaxation.

Good luck to those running the City to Surf in Sydney. I can appreciate the appeal of an iconic fun run but personally, I'd much rather be running solo on the bush trails.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

The City to Surf WAS on bush trails 200 years ago!

5am is better than 6.30am - not quite as cold. Have a good weekend, and thanks for the training tips - much appreciated.

Two Fruits said...

Give me two weeks and I will join you for a Saturday run. Plenty to chat about.I did 5 x C2S in the 90's, now no road running. Enjoy your weekend, just stay off the couch.