Thursday, May 7, 2009

Speed - Not!

Another (depressing!) attempt at a speed session (define?) this am. I am slower than I was 2yrs ago - yikes!!! That really is depressing! But .... I'm stubborn so such a rubbish effort is also the motivator to dig in and get better at it. I have ~6 weeks to lift it and sustain it. Hmmm .... do-able? May be not. The truth really does hurt.

4 comments:

Two Fruits said...

In another 2 years you will be as slow as I am, enjoy getting older and slower. Or go longer, no speed required.

Stephanie said...

Seems like we had quite different speed days today. Well at least neither of us is where we should be. It's always nicer to not be alone...

Jog Blog said...

Top job Steph! It's always good to do better in a trg session than you think you are going to. Cherish it!

I'm okay with my session being dismal today. I've been doing it all for long enough now to know that what goes around comes around. It's all about hard work, keeping it at and hanging in there. All types of fitness - strength, endurance, speed - are temporary. None of them maintain or improve by themselves.

And Two Fruity Steve, I'm fine with getting older. I'm very smiley. I just want everything - to run fast and to run ultra long.

Ewen said...

So how slow were you? Come on, cough up the gory details!