Thursday, May 14, 2009

Anyway Training

I've had an okay week of training this week - a couple of easy, ordinary sessions and a couple of good, hard sessions. Both types of sessions have reinforced my longstanding view that regardless of what my race goals are I run because I like it and it's part of who I am, and I do different kinds of sessions because running doesn't have to be one dimensional. Having extraordinary goals (ie, like running an ultra which for me is totally new and different) doesn't change the enjoyment of easy even paced running for its own sake on one hand or the challenge of hard sessions on the other. Perhaps this is all a bit overly philosophical? It is "only running" after all. Nevertheless it shows that even if I had no race goals I'd run anyway and I'd mix it up.

I'm looking forward to some more mixed running sessions in Victoria over the next 4-5 days and some equally mixed family and work time.

1 comment:

Two Fruits said...

I'm a two dimensional runner, up hill on one side of the mountain and down hill on the other. Plus a few kms in the middle. Easy isn't it.