Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back to Training ...

I pulled up pretty well from the Great Ocean Road 45km last Sunday. Sore quads for ~2 days (to be expected given the up/down terrain) and some fatigue (no kidding!) but otherwise "all good".

It was back to the track today for a "speed session" (read: "as fast as I could session") with my long term training partner, Triathlon Trav. I highly recommend doing sessions like this with someone else. Trav is MUCH faster than me but with a headstart I have someone to try and stay in front of and he has someone to chase. Win-Win. It's hard to fully appreciate the "pain/gain" of these sessions at the time but they are good quality and it's nice to tick them off the weekly list.

I'm planning easy running only for the next few days and am very much looking forward to a weekend at home.

1 comment:

Two Fruits said...

Narrabeen Allnighter, put it on your list of definitely/maybe/think-about-it list.