Monday, May 18, 2009

Have been in Victoria for the last few days. My time here started with cheering on my "born again fitness fanatic" older brother in his first ever 14km fun run @ Apollo Bay on Saturday (part of the Great Ocean Road marathon festival). He ran well, particularly considering that 18months ago he was overweight and had been unfit for 20+ years! I am very proud of him.

I then figured that since I was @ Apollo Bay I may as well make the Great Ocean Road 45km (ultra) marathon event my long run for the weekend (as you/I do?!). It was fanastic!! One of THE most beautiful courses I have ever run. And for a training run I ran well enough - 45kms in 3.41 - on what is very accurately described as a "meandering and undulating course, prone to high winds and drizzle" - ALL TRUE! I highly recommend it. And I will run it again one day as a race.

It will be nice to finish my Melb based work and be home again on Wed.

1 comment:

Two Fruits said...

Well run, that's good at any time for 45 kms. It's a great scenic area, especially looking over the ocean and hope the wind doesn't blow you away. What's next for me, let you know shortly.