I had to pull out part way through the Canberra marathon this morning because of prohibitive osteoarthritic knee pain. To run on would have resulted in me crippling myself and to walk on would have resulted in an absurdly slow finish time. Self preservation stopped me from doing the former, and pride stopped me from doing the latter. Given the lose-lose decision I was faced with, I don't feel too bad about it. What I do feel bad about is my knee osteoarthritis. I've tried everything to improve it and run around it. Back to the drawing board.....
3 comments:
Sorry to hear that Liz. Saw you run past and wondered what happened. Hope you can find some answers on the drawing board - a new nail polish colour perhaps?
It's very disappointing to have to stop, but it was the smart decision. I hope there is a next time. Time to get the knee as good as possible.
So sad for you Liz. I know that must have been a tough decision but definitely the right one in the circumstances. The important thing now is to find some answers and try to get the knee pain sorted. Looking forward to our next offee catch up. xx
Post a Comment