I've been pretty laissez faire with my running since running the Hobart Marathon on 8 January. I think starting a new job in November, which meant I had no real break over Christmas/New Year, left me particularly flat and disinterested post marathon. Not much has changed in that I've continued to work long hours but I'm just feeling a bit more ready to decide about some what next events, and to start putting my mind and body into some targetted training. So, here's the plan ...
17-18 February - a few events @ Stromlo Running Festival
25 March - the marathon leg of the Melbourne Ironman
15 April - the Canberra marathon/50km
5 May - 100km Wild Endurance Team Walk
24 June - Wellington marathon NZ
I'll see how training for that lot unfolds.
7 comments:
Yay great list - I'll be so interested to hear how Wellington goes. How exciting!!
I know how you feel with the long work hours.
Great list there. Looking forward to cheering on you and Speedygeoff in the Canberra 50k :)
Ewen, Liz will end up running 58k - she'll finish the 50, wait for me to finish the marathon, then accompany me the last 8k.
Ah, I was wondering how that was going to work. The other option would be to accompany her through the marathon in 3:15 and continue on to finish the 50 in 3:55 or so.
Well plan A is to win the M60 marathon in 2:55 just ahead of Trevor then have a 20 minute nana nap until Jogblog catches up.
Interested to see the plan to tackle the Wild Endurance 100 km walk 3 weeks after the Canberra marathon. A completely different event, many hills and mountains & usually cold at night. Good team members will get every one through Ok.
Good luck with all your events.
There's a problem with plan A - you'll only have time for a 10 minute nana nap by the time you get through the finish, find a bed, then get back after the alarm goes off to run with Jog after she finishes the marathon.
Post a Comment