Sunday, January 29, 2012

Just Cruising

Special K and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary on Australia Day. How fitting - 26 years on the 26th of January 2012 :) We made the most of it and spent 3 days living it up in Sydney. We thoroughly enjoyed 5 star accommodation, lovely early morning runs together, and fabulous food and wine. We were also totally enthralled by the Radiance of the Seas (photo) which came and "parked" right outside our hotel window. We definitely think a cruise on it is in order for one of our next anniversaries. Perhaps even the very next one ???

The only "down" side of our anniversary was the angry tummy I started to suffer as we drove home. It got worse and worse and ended up keeping me up all night. No fun :( It also totally ruined my running plans for this morning. Oh well .... when I finally started to feel human again mid afternoon I went out for a hot jog and seized the plus side of the experience by reminding myself that on the 25th of March I could well be running 42km in 27 degrees a la this afternoon as part of the Melbourne Ironman, and I could well be running with an angry tummy as is often par for the course with my tummy, and so I told myself there was still some "training" benefit in how it all turned out.

3 comments:

strewth said...

Oh dear I can sooo relate to that angry tummy:( It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend apart from that. Wedding anniversaries are very special. Hope you have a better sleep tonight and a good week ahead.

Ewen said...

If I went cruising I'd want one of those big ships with a 300m running track around one of the decks ;)

Congrats on the anniversary. Hope the tummy is back to normal before our next coffee catch-up.

Two Fruits said...

Nice looking ship, hope it's not Italian.