Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday Weekend

I've had a lovely weekend this weekend, incorporating my 49th birthday today. WOW! 49yrs! I'm glad I feel so fit and healthy, and that life is good :) Next year is "the big one" - ie, 50! - and apart from moving into a new running age group, it could also include a special celebratory overseas marathon - Paris? Boston? Vancouver? There are plenty of options and (almost) plenty of time to decide.

Since setting out my running plans in my last blog post I had a more systematic training week this week. It included running Wednesday West with the guys on Wed, and running long-ish with Pammie yesterday. This week will be less systematic as I'll be in travelling for work.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

If you haven't run it, or visited, I'd go for Boston. Great city and legendary marathon. Your year to get ready for the new age-group starts now!

P.S. Sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday on FB.

strewth said...

I'm glad you had such a lovely birthday weekend. Me - I would go for New York. That's my dream - to run the NY marathon maybe even next year:)