
The Cadbury Hobart Marathon is one of my favourite marathons. When I was a better runner than I am now I even won it a couple of times. I still really enjoy running it because of when it is - ie, it gets the new year off to such a great running start - and for nostalgic reasons.
LOTS of people run the Cadbury Hobart marathon for the complimentary chocolate but .... shhhhhhh .... don't tell anyone ..... shhhhhh ..... but I don't like chocolate so that's not actually a drawcard for me. "Weird" I'm told :)
Anyway .... today I had a thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying run. I ran steady and even paced to accomodate the 17deg humid start, the rain that started around 20km and then the blazing sun which came out to heat up the last 10-12km. Never an easy or fast marathon because of the deceptive undulations, I finished in 3.31, which meant I achieved my goal - ie, to run a bit better than I did last year which was not one of my best marathon days out.
4 comments:
Fantastic result Liz, especially as you achieved your goal. Well done. You never cease to inspire me. Looking forward to that coffee in a couple of weeks. We have some catching up to do.
Nice running Liz - a good margin on last year's result. I can only run 5 minute ks when trying to get away from Ruth on Saturday mornings ;)
Hope you brought some chocolate back for your friends!
Good Job JogJog. But I suspect I still won't be able to keep up with you in training next weekend. I shall salute your dust as you run past fast.
Ummm You never told me there was complimentary chocolate. How much are we talking?? ;-)
Post a Comment