Another anniversary for me - ie, it's exactly a year since I ran the 84km Cradle Mountain ultramarathon in Tasmania. A year on and I'm still glad I did it but I'm also still sure that I won't do it again. I refreshed my memory of the details of the experience by revisitng my own blog entries at the time:
http://jogsjogblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/over-cradle-mountain.html.
Blogging can be very useful for bringing back the reality of such experiences.
Today was hot and humid, and I found it tough going on my long run. I ran 31kms, taking a longish break in the middle for more than one drink of cold gatorade. Nothing noteworthy about today's run. It was simply a slog from start to finish.
3 comments:
Your run sounds just like mine - a hot humid sticky slog! I so admire you for doing that cradle mountain run - such an achievement!
Yes, it's great to have such records. You might be back one day to walk the track for pleasure ;)
Same here re the slog yesterday morning and I only slogged out 20k!
Absolutely no chance of changing your mind?
Post a Comment